Je sais, c’est juste quelques jours après le chart précédent but there’s a couple of new tunes here that U don’t wanna miss ! What about Sylvia Striplin ! And Roberta Flack, it’s maybe the best track here, something you wanna hear RIGHT NOW !
Ça commence bien !
3) SYLVESTER : "Give It Up"
Little monster groove. It used to be what we called The Sleaze.
4) TINA MARIE : "Square Biz"
For a change, this is the instrumental, which is crazy when you have such a good singer but don’t forget she was arranging it all herself so it’s interesting - and groovy.
5) CAMERON : "Funkstown USA"
Dodgy intro but I like the rest. Very Rick James with a breezy feel.
6) THE STRICKERS : "Inch By Inch"
Shiiiiiiiiit. Me like it so much !
7) SYLVIA STRIPLIN : "Give Me Your Love"
This a a 12" that I will NEVER sell ! Amazing how it’s still good & fresh. Porn stars do it for real !
8) SHARON REDD : "Can You Handle It" (remake)
Better sound on this one ! Check out the fab arrangements. Prelude rules OK
9) WOODS EMPIRE : "Sweet Delight"
I guess what I liked about it was mostly the name.
10) CHERYLL LYNN : "Shake It Up Tonight"
Well, when you do a song like "Encore", people love you till the end of time.
11) HI GLOSS : "It’s Up To You"
Still very disco.
12) ROBERTA FLACK : "Loving You Is Such An Easy Thing To Do"
The way she eases herself in that song in a lowkey way, like, I don’t have to push it, I’m THAT powerful. Magic. We wanna hear this in clubs !
13) EVELYNE KING : "I’m In Love"
That was the period when she wanted to get rid of the "Campagne" thing.
14) GREG PHILLINGANES : "Takin’ It Up All Night"
OK only 26 people on Youtube, maybe for a reason.
15) WAR : "Cinco de Mayo"
16) DAZZ BAND : "Let The Music Play"
Funk by numbers.
17) LOVE UNLIMITED ORCHESTRA : "Lift Your Voice"
I mean, I was getting a boner just looking at the cover. An orchestra with black people.
18) SPACES : "Song For Jeremy"
Jazzfunk instrumental that shows people were nuts for jazz at that time.
19) KLIQUE : "It’s Winning Time"
You can’t help humming along.
20) FRANCE JOLI : "Gonna Get Over You"
For a change, a great instrumental.