Well, that summer was pivotal. Human League gets N°1 and as disco is suppposed to be "dead", the British charts are full of cheap disco medleys as everybody gets in a cheap disco trance. Like, let’s start a disco revival just one year after the "disco sucks" movement. Ahah !
1) THE HUMAN LEAGUE : "Love Action"
Well, from now on, the world isn’t the same anymore.
2) THE ROYAL PHILARMONIC ORCHESTRA : "Hooked On Classics"
Hell yeah ! They got into disco way after everybody else ! check the great typo on the 12" cover !
3) STEVIE WONDER : Happy Birthday"
I don’t want to see a single snear, this is a milestone.
4) CENTRAL LINE : "Walking On Sunshine"
Used to be big at K.A.B.P. Happy tune & party on down !
5) TIGHT FIT : "Back To The 60’s"
So it’s the beginning of the novelty records. It was a pain in the ass. You can see that in 1981, the 60’s revival starts rigght 11 years after the end of the sixties. Just like now.
7) EVELYN KING : "I’m In Love"
Live for the bass !
8) HI GLOSS : "You’ll Never Know"
I can’t believe this Herb Alpert clapping ! Fab rip-off ! Great lyrics.
9) ENIGMA : "I Love Music"
Another dreadfull disco meddley.
12) PHYLLIS HYMAN : "You Sure Look So Good To Me"
This is NOT her best song.
13) THE JACKSONS : "Walk Right Now"
Slammin’ is da word
14) WISH : "Nice and Soft"
I don’t remember it well, but I heard many times in clubs since then. I love the bit when the different bass lines have a fight.
15) CARL CARLTON : "She’s A Bad Mama Jamma"
I think people had a way to kick start the song at that time that was unique.
16) BEE GEES : remake ?
I don’t remember, it must be some kind of medley.
17) THE LOVE UNLIMITED ORCHESTRA : "Lift Your Voice And Say"
18) MODERN ROMANCE : "Everybody Salsa"
Can you take the 10 minit version ? The 7" version was such a torture already. It was huge in England. Some kind of "gayer" Human League.
19) THIRD WORLD : "Dancing On The Floor"
Brrrrrrritsish reggae !
21) LEVEL 42 : "Turn It On"
They were getting good at it !
22) BOYSTOWN GANG : "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough"
Working on their gay base.
23) UNLIMITED TOUCH : "Searching To Find The One"
I didn’t know this duck version, dunno if I like it but it’s funny.
24) SYLVESTER : "Give It Up"
Oh this is a different version that’s very groovy too !
25) CAMEO : ?
26) MICHAEL JACKSON : "One More Step"
The Brits were so crazy about him that they re-released and old MJ song.
27) RANDY CRAWFORD : "Rainy Night In Georgia"
The vid is no longer on Youtube, sucks.
28) CHERYL LYNN : "Shake It Up Tonight"
I always liked the fact she had the same name of the Lynn drums !
29) TEENA MARIE : "Square Biz"
Strong as the first day.
30) PATTI AUSTIN : "Do You Love Me"
This is so funky. You can feel the Quincy touch. I think this 7" version is better though.